Saturday, March 21, 2020

Student who murdered boyfriend walks free.

By Victor Isiguzo

Karabo Molotsi has who was out on free bail has been released.

First year student of CUT who stabbed boyfriend to death has been released due to murder docket missing . Vuyo Mbena (22) was stabbed to death by his girlfriend Karabo Molotsi (20) on 08 March 2020 after a night out in Lakewood student accommodation. Vuyo's mom told Lesedi FM presenter that it wasn't the first time that Karabo had stabbed Vuyo.

She appeared in court on Tuesday (17/03/2020) after she was released on bail on free bail after admitting that she had killed Vuyo but it was a mistake. One of Karabo's friend said Karabo was lying. " Dear Karabo you are lying. You killed Vuyo because you thought he had interest on Neo. You continue stabbing him even when he was screeming for help." said Karabo's friend in an open letter that has since been deleted on social media.

Karabo Molotsi said she and Vuyo were fine. They were attending an event together and on their way back Vuyo started being violent and physical towards her. He threw down the phone that she bought him and said she must take it. She says she ran to a friend who was parking in a nearby garage. Vuyo called her back wanting the phone. She refused than he started dragging her into the road and there was a car approaching their way. There were guys in a car and they tried to stop him as he was beating her up . A fight broke between Vuyo and the guys and she managed to escape and ran back to a friend car.

" I asked a friend to accompany me to fetch my flats' keys without being aware that Vuyo was following me. When I entered the room he also did. He started beating me up again and I told him to stop. He refused then I turned around and found a knife. I stabbed him on the arm and asked him to leave but he got worse and started pulling me down the stairs until we were in the reception. The security guard told us to go outside because he didn't want anything to do with what was happening. He pulled me up, I turned and stabbed him on the left side, he then walk away andeople held my hands. He sat down and said he loves me, he just wanted his mom those were his last words." Karabo said.
Karabo who is not prosecuted after killing boyfriend.

This has raised many concern on the gender equality as it wasn't the first time as Karabo was the first one who has murdered boyfriend to get away.

Please don't forget to like share and comment on this post thanks 🤗