Sunday, March 22, 2020

I reduced my age for the job only for me to discover my right age was the requirement-Man Laments

By Victor Isiguzo

I reduced my age for the job only for me to discover my right age was the requirement-Man Laments

 

This is a pathetic case of a man who was looking for a job for 15 years and when he finally found the job he was ineligible because he reduced his age.

See the story as shared on his Facebook page.

This is really karma facing me. I really don't know how to explain this. I have been searching for a job for 15 years now to no avail. I have travelled to nothing less than 8 cities submitting my CV.

Now there was these job my cousin called me for in Benin City. It is a top-notch job that pays about 550 k a month.

Actually, I went for the interview and out of about 10 of us that sat for the interview I scored the highest points.

I was given a provisional appointment. And was told I would be communicated to in the next few days with my full confirmation of my details.

Yesterday night my cousin just called me that I was disqualified because of my age.

I filled in I was 34 and they actually needed someone of 40 years of age.

And I had already submitted a sworn affidavit that I am 34 having lied I lost my birth certificate in an inferno.

Now in tears, I am looking at my birth certificate that says I am 40. What can I do ? do I still have hope?

Please share your views with me.

 Source James Woods